Apply to be an Arts Orientation Leader
Join the 2020 Orientation Committee
If interested, please email an expression of interest to email@example.com
The Volunteer Coordinator will be required to work alongside the overall Committee in order to coordinate volunteers for Sprout. This will require hiring volunteers and preparing them for the Competition. The primary role of this individual will be to assist the Committee in determining volunteer roles, and assignments throughout the Competition.
- Determine Volunteer Schedule
- Recruit Volunteers
- Formulate volunteer training in order to prepare all volunteers for their tasks during Sprout
- The Coordinator will be the point person for all communication with Volunteers
The role of the Volunteer Lead is to work with the Volunteer Coordinator in order to oversee the duties and tasks of the Volunteers for Sprout. This will require managing volunteer sign-in and sign-out during the competition as well as assigning duties to volunteers during the competition and ensuring tasks are completed by volunteers.
- Manage sign-in/sign-out of volunteers
- Assign duties
- Ensure tasks are being executed
- Any other roles as assigned by the Volunteer Coordinator
This position requires the Liaison Coordinator to keep track of all communication between Liaisons and Experts. The role of all Liaisons is to communicate with academic and industry professionals (experts) about information pertaining to Sprout. This will include representing Ryerson Liberal Arts Society (RLAS) in a professional manner, in order to recruit professionals to be consultants during Sprout. Liaisons will have two main roles. This will include before the event, and after.
- Establish communications to be sent out to experts on an ongoing basis
- Build and maintain a database of all confirmed Experts
- Ensuring timelines, goals and tasks are being completed on-time
- Responsible for maintaining a calendar for assigned deadlines
The role of all Liaisons is to communicate with academic and industry professionals (experts) about information pertaining to Sprout. This will include representing RLAS in a professional manner, in order to recruit professionals to be consultants during Sprout. Liaisons will have two main roles. This will include before the event, and during.
- Communicate professionally through email, and phone in order to recruit individual experts to the Competition
- Assuring all information is both accurate and clear
- Formulating Google Forms in order to determine food restriction, pictures, area of specialty etc.
- Update industry and academic experts regarding information provided to participants
- Follow up with Experts in order to confirm availability for Competition Date
- Make contact with Experts, and be their main person of contact for the duration of Sprout
- Continuously check in on Experts to ensure their comfort throughout the event
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for managing its team of Logistics Associates in the planning and execution of tasks.
- Establishing event timelines (leading up to and including event)
- Managing the Logistics Associates
- Assign tasks to various Logistics Associates
- Coordinating the production of Information Drops
- Approving final event schedule with committee
All Logistics Committee members will help in the planning and execution of Sprout. This role will require outreach to suppliers outside of the university. The individuals who enter this position will be working in a team setting. This role will require the division of tasks between members, depending on the planning stage. These individuals will be responsible for the successful execution of the event.
- Coordinating Food Pickup times and Food Orders
- Formulating Information Drops
- Volunteer Logistics
- Develop a Master Document of information
- Determine a clear, concise, and detailed schedule
The Marketing Associate(s) will be required to work alongside the Vice President of Marketing (RLAS). The primary function of the marketing associate will be to assist the Vice President of Marketing with a series of duties.
- Present at events to update social media
- Answer inquiries from students about events
- Ensure all graphics are upload within a timely manner