We are looking for team members to fill our Board for the 2020/2021 academic year.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Director
- Geographic Analysis Director
- Language and Intercultural Relations Director
- Sociology Director
There shall be one (1) Director from each of the Faculty of Arts programs: Arts and Contemporary Studies, Criminology, International Economics and Finance, English, Environment and Urban Sustainability, Geographic Analysis, History, Languages and Intercultural Relations, Philosophy, Politics and Governance, Psychology, Sociology – for a total of twelve (12) program directors.
- Directors set the direction of the RLAS through policy and oversight and, as a collective, make all major administrative decisions that relate to strategic planning and finance.
- Directors are the primary means of communication between the membership and the Board and will collect student thoughts, concerns and feedback and factor these into their decision making process.
- Directors will represent the RLAS in their Departments and shall maintain relationships with their Program Chair, Undergraduate Program Director and Program Administrator.
- Directors are ex-officio members of their programs’ Course Union and will use this position to maintain a relationship between RLAS and the Course Union.
- Directors will make sure that the board is following all constitutional rules and bylaws.
- All elected Directors shall be students enrolled in a Faculty of Arts program and who have paid the RLAS levy.
- They are required to have either a clear academic standing, or a conditional academic standing with a cumulative Grade Point Average greater than or equal to 2.0.
- The academic standing of the Directors shall be reviewed by the Manager, Student Relations and Development, who will inform the Directors that he/she is removed from the position if that Director fails to meet these requirements.
- You must be in the same program as your position title.
Manager of Student Relations and Development
Josel Angelica Gerardo
Vice-President of Community Relations
Vice-President of Corporate Relations
Vice-President of Events
Vice-President of Finance
Vice-President of Marketing
Vice-President of Operations
Director of Arts & Contemporary Studies
Director of Criminology
Director of English
Director of Environment and Urban Sustainability
Director of Geographic Analysis
Director of History
Director of International Economics and Finance
Director of Language and Intercultural Relations
Director of Philosophy
Director of Politics and Governance
Director of Psychology
Director of Sociology